The Temple Game

(photo by Lionel Allorge)


There is a game I like to play in the temple. This is not a normal game. No points are won or lost. There are no winners or losers.

When I go to the temple pay attention to the eye color of all the temple workers. If you want to play the game visit the temple before reading on but come back after and finish the article.

Obviously this game does not work everywhere but I have found that an inordinate number of temple workers have blue eyes. It is not uncommon for me to only see blue eyed temple workers the entire time I am in the temple. In fact I went today and did not see a single person that did not have blue eyes even though I saw about 15 people.

Statistically only 8% of the world has blue eyes. I realize that in many parts of the US the majority of the members are of European descent and more likely to have blue eyes. Numbers vary but the highest Finish numbers are 89% for blue or green though these numbers can go as low as 80% when just looking at blue. Even if members were mostly Finnish you would still expect to see some people with brown or green eyes in greater numbers even on the extreme high end of the statistics. The UK is high but not nearly as high with 56% the max for percent with blue eyes in the UK and Ireland having only 38%.

The US has 60% of the population with blue or green eyes. Only 47% are blue all blue or blue with some green. Again the US membership you would expect to be be skewed higher.

The numbers of blue (not green though you can add them to the game but I see them less than brown) eyed people is still a statistical anomaly. I have played this game in California and Utah. If you go somewhere else in the US you may have different results. I am pretty sure if you go to other countries you would also have different results but I would be curious if they still have an in inordinate number of blue eyed workers in places that blue eyes are rare.

There is not really any point to this game. I also am not pushing some kind of blue eyed racial superiority. The game is just to see how crazy it is that most temples seem that they only have blue eyed workers. I do run into the occasionally brown eyed temple worker but it is rare. The longer you play the game the crazier and crazier it gets. Instead of larger numbers helping the things line up with what you should see it strengthens the case for an inordinate number of blue eye workers.

I have told friend and family the game and they are always shocked by it. Some of them tell me after visits what their findings were. I don't think anyone has ever told me they didn't have more blue eyed workers than none blue eyed workers. I can't think of a single time I experienced it. You might get 2 people out of 10 or so and that is an anomaly.

Now you can compare when you go. Let us know what you find out by commenting below.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Worst LDS Temples

5 Best LDS Temples

New Book Of Mormon Translations Announced